Gladewaves and NCJW Collecting Food for Families
DID YOU KNOW: 1 in 5 adults living in households with children reported that their households could not afford enough food to eat each week during the pandemic. So, NCJW in partnership with GLADEWAVES Big Red Box Food Pantries is collecting food now through March 15 to donate to families in need. The following food and personal care items are now being accepted for those impacted by COVID-19.
- Canned beans, vegetables, fruit
- Canned meals: soups, ravioli, Chef Boyardee
- Canned tuna, chicken, spam
- Cans or jars of tomato sauce
- Peanut butter and jelly
- Boxed dinners: mac & cheese, rice-a-roni
- Bottled water
- Powdered or shelf-stable milk
- Cereal, grits, oatmeal
- Rice or pasta
- Personal care items like shampoo, bodywash, toothbrushes, toothpaste
- Toilet paper
Items should be dropped off in MidCity – – 510 N. Rendon Street, New Orleans, LA 70119 (there is a clearly labeled donation box at this location). All items will then be distributed to Gladewave Big Red Food Pantries, founded by NCJW member Janie Glade.
If you have any fresh produce or prepared meals for donation, please consider donating directly to a NOLA Community Fridge. Learn more at: www.nolacommunityfridges.org
For more information contact organizer Dana Keren, NCJW Public Affairs Vice President at firstname.lastname@example.org or 414-828-7646.